Friday, August 5, 2016

Five for Friday - August 5th

Life sure is crazy and suddenly very busy!  I haven't linked up in a few weeks and there are a million reasons why - none of which are worthy of this space! Anyway....I'm happy to be back this week sharing all the back to school goodies that we are all experiencing in our own little ways.



Super excited to be featured on An Apple for the Teacher blog this week!  My Fluency Pyramid Sentences are featured along with a giveaway of this resource - so head on over and read about it here. You can also enter the giveaway here


An Apple For The Teacher



Just for the record, I have a 22 year old daughter who is a recent grad of Florida State University.  My husband and I have moved her 8 times.  Yes, 8 times. Up to school, back home in summer, back up to school, back home in summer, and so on. This past weekend we moved her into her first "real" apartment.  It took THREE days to get her settled. This is the LAST time I am moving her. She has a new, really cute apartment and I got 13 stitches in my leg from broken glass. The last time - I mean it.



Teachers Pay Teachers had their back to school sale on Monday and Tuesday. Did you get all your BTS goodies? So many great resources! 





I have really enjoyed eating lunch out this summer - ordering what I want, eating slowly, and being around adults. But it's lunchbox time again, so I purchased this beauty while I was in Tallahassee last weekend. I am a HUGE FSU fan, so it works for me.  What type of lunchbox do you like to use?



Finally, I have to say that I am somewhat jealous of all the classroom reveals going on this year because.....this is the first time in 15 years that I am not setting up a classroom. This year I am beginning a new teaching adventure as a Full Release Teacher Mentor in my school district. I am extremely excited about this opportunity.  I will be now involved in 15 classrooms instead of one and I hope this will broaden my view and influence the type of classroom resources I make for teachers! 




For those of you who are returning this week and next - good luck and have some fun! Keep posting pictures on Instagram and Facebook, so I can drool over all of your creativity!  If you aren't following me, here's my links and I would love to follow you too!





Have a great weekend and don't forget to check out all the other amazing blog posts on this linky!


5 comments:

ithappenedin3rd said...

Your new job sounds amazing! Good luck! One of my gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week last year was a fancy lunch bag, and I love it! It has an insulated pocket for your water and all kinds of pockets.

XClass to the Rescue said...

Congrats on the Apple feature. I love her blog!

Teaching Autism said...

Congratulations on the new job - it sounds wonderful! Love your lunchbox too!
Teaching Autism

Joyce Oberg said...

My 22 year old just moved back in! Love it, but looking forward to the day he can be on his own and loving his independence. Congratulations on the new job!
~Joyce
1st Grade Pandamania

Carol Davis said...

I hope this last move for your daughter is the last one! We moved ours about 10 times and then after college we moved about four more. In one apartment she had a sofa that was so heavy we just could not get it back down the outside stairs and since she didn't want it anyway we just threw it off the balcony. I'm pretty sure the neighbors didn't like it!
Carol
Teachers Are Terrific!