Friday, May 27, 2016

Five for Friday - May 27th



8 1/2 days to go! I know some of you are already out #jealous! We're still plugging away.......... 




What is the idiom? Or is it a metaphor? (let me know about this one)  "I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel - unfortunately it's a train." That describes the end of the school year to a T. First, we are super excited because we're counting down the days, then BAM! It's here and EVERYTHING is due at once and by the time the last day arrives, you are so exhausted you can't even move.  That time is here. I'm at the realization that the train is bearing down on me and everything is due right now. Yikes! Thank goodness the weekend is here so I can take a breath!




After 7 years teaching 3rd grade, I am moving up to 4th grade!  I will be teaching Language Arts and Social Studies. I am really excited because I'm at year 7 and that seems to be my go to number for a change. Not only that, Florida has pass/fail for their state reading test for 3rd graders. After, 7 years of dealing with that, I am ready for a change. 



Trying to enjoy these last few weeks with my third graders. My daily read aloud time has lengthened and we are truly savoring that special time together.  This year I have a lot of wiggly kids, so I let them doodle in a notebook during read aloud.  It keeps them occupied and I can read and read and read.  #happyteacher




This week my kiddos made robots based on specific criteria for each body part. At first, they were a little daunted by this, but then BAM! they got it and had a great time! After making these cute guys, they had to justify their measurements and give a total perimeter and area.  Such an engaging activity - perfect for the end of the year.




Finally, the BEST news! This girl was doing the
 happy dance!


Totally unexpected. Sorry for those folks who had plans for the whole day, but fortunately ours were easily changed.

For those of you who are already finished - enjoy!  For those of you that are still plugging away...enjoy it and hang in there!

~~~~~~~

Don't forget to head back to Doodlebugs Teaching and check out all the other wonderful blogs that have linked up this week!

4 comments:

ithappenedin3rd said...

I love the idea of having them doodle during read alouds! I have the same amount of days left as you...good luck the rest of the way!

Linda Groce said...

I am so with you about the light at the end of the tunnel. That is how I feel exactly!! I'm sure you will love 4th grade!! Enjoy your long weekend!

Caitlin Corrigan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin Corrigan said...

Yay, half day on the last day of school! Hang in there - you've almost made it to summer!

www.thecorriganitenation.blogspot.com