Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Teacher's Life - Finding a Balance




Definition of a Chinese Fire Drill: The car stops at a green light, everybody jumps out and runs around the car, then takes a new seat. All the while, the cars behind you are honking their horns because you are not moving. This is how I would describe this school year so far. Everyday it seems that we are adapting and changing what we do to accommodate the "new" standards and testing requirements. Meanwhile, someone is behind us wondering why we aren't moving fast enough.  It's enough to make a teacher scream STOP - I can't take it anymore!  Because of this need to scream, I have taken a step back and decided to get my balance back. So this weekend I did and here's how I did it.


Enjoyed a really nice glass of Chardonnay.


Got back to walking in this beautiful fall weather.


Watched my beloved Seminoles extend their
win streak to an amazing 21 games.

Took a nap.

Indulged in a heavenly pedicure.

Started a new book.

If you are feeling like me....what did you do this weekend to get your balance back? 

No comments: